- We feel disconnected from our students and each other.
- What do we do/have that shows we are part of the same tribe here at ECV?
- Lack of balance in our lives and how people use technology is contributing to this feeling of disconnection.
- Work is stressful--we have many demands on our time and attention. It's easy to become isolated when everyone is so busy.
- We want a community where everyone knows they are valued and needed, but we are guarded, and that keeps us from fully trusting each other.
- The book discusses the unification that happens in communities in the wake of disasters (natural and man-made).
- We don't want to have a traumatic event, but we do want to build more community--especially among our staff members.
- Our school used to have more get-togethers, and that helped build trust and community. We have gotten away from that. We should strive to get together more--outside of work--and just get to know each other better. This is an important step toward showing each other that we are on the same side--we are part of the same tribe.